Saturday 7 May 2016

My Mom, My Hero

My Mom, My Hero

 

Kay:  

She is like none other; A true gem amidst the lot

Though my words lack the capacity to encapsulate her ever glorious beauty

I shudder at the thought of not giving honour to whom it is due

She has been the rock; my shield in all times of need

She’s my one and only, my mom, my hero

 

Jnr:  

I sit at the shores of happiness; listening, thinking, praying

Breathing in the chilly breeze, I am lost in space

I keep on wondering; and I keep thinking,

How possibly could I be this lucky?

I am smiling without end; my heart is full of songs


Kay:

In my weakest moments as an infant, you were always there to shoulder me

You wiped my tears, you pat me on the back and never forgot to smile at me

You tucked me in when I was scared; in your arms I felt most at home

My first friend, my first choice, my first crush, my first love

The pinnacle of my happiness and that’s all you mom

 

Jnr:

My hero, I dream of becoming at least a half measure of the person you are

A woman of class, a woman of honour,

A religious woman, a virtuous woman

Your principles, teachings and words of encouragement are out of this world

Your wisdom might as well parallel Solomon himself

 

Kay:   

Some people are special, few are unique but there’s just one of you

Jnr:   

Absolutely no one can take your place in my heart

Kay:  

Hell no! None even come close

Jnr:   

I count myself the luckiest to be born to you; to be able to call you mom

Kay and Jnr: 

We love you mom, you are our hero!!!!!!!!!


Happy Mothers' Day to all out there!!!!!!!



Writers: IsaacKay and JayOach

No comments:

Post a Comment