Wednesday 6 January 2016

Figures


Again I am back in this exact same spot
Figured things would turn out different this time
Finally someone I could label as mine
Just like the 1st time, there was this glow behind her eyes that caught my attention
A beautiful aurora, filled with amazing lights that only I could seemingly see
Consequent conversations revealed a young lady, with so much untapped potential, in need of guidance
I felt her pain and disappointments
I provided that shoulder to cry on
I understood her more than I felt was possible
As a man of composure, her smile quickly became my kryptonite
But unlike superman, I drew closer
figuring I could help her reach her full potential
Figuring that I could somehow get her to feel the tune my heart was playing
Figuring I could be her friend, her hero, her love
Funny I figured things would turn out different
As If caught in a trance, I stood still as history repeated itself
I watched in dismay as the sun set and reality slapped me in the face
Suddenly I found myself panting in my bed in a hotel room
Turns out all I figured was a figment of my imagination
Figures😏

Figures
Isaac Kay

No comments:

Post a Comment